To build confidence and enhance skills in communities, groups and individuals in conservation, effective natural resource management and health education towards a better future.
How we Carry Out Our Mission
Nature Development Ghana acts as a link between communities, institutions and structures to create effective conditions for conservation whilst integrating traditional and scientific knowledge to ensure sustainable ecosystem management through:
- Promoting increase in vegetation and tree cover by way of regeneration, afforestation and reforestation.
- Giving technical services and advice to individuals and groups on agro-forestry, farm forestry etc.
- Building capacity of communities and groups through education and training.
- Research and data collection on the value of forest assets, biodiversity of bio-cultural sites and their contribution to local economies.
- Supporting the development of new income generating options including market for ecosystem services.
- Managing and enhancing the biophysical inheritance of the earth towards the improvement of carbon stocks for climate change mitigation and adaptation.